Friday, October 10, 2014

What lies behind us and what lies before are tiny matters compared to what lies within us

Being alone and single is beyond overrated.  However, the blessing in it is the chance for self-focus.  Focus on areas of your life you need to improve, or what you truly value.  Additionally, I am sure there were plenty of relationships before this point that have contributed to your desires in your life.  Bad dates, interesting people, seeing a future with someone on a first date, and heartache are all significant factors who have made us who we are.  I mean come on.  When we were little girls, every story had a happy ending.  Isn’t it plausible that we would want the same things in life?  I have seen many friends who have found that happy ending.  But what are the factors that make this ending possible?  I don’t think that there is really a task list to get one of us there, but I do strongly believe that the moment someone meets someone they know. 

I have dated a few..very very very few in the past years of being single that I actually saw a future with.  The others I may have tried to make myself believe that at some point I would feel stronger for them.  This obviously came in the forms of very very  very nice men and very very very mean men.  There were few and far in-between men that did make me throw out every insecurity I have developed.  Its hard for a strong woman or man to be insecure, because of past experiences they have allowed someone to chip at her sweet loving walls.  The walls that were put up in an effort to protect her valuable asset.  With each chip removed, her heart grew bigger, pumped stronger, facilitated breath to her sweet lips, which exhaled tender exhilarations of life.  The walls she never wished or requested but surrounded her with so much strength, that they spoke to her.  They consoled her on hurt evenings and allowed tears which fell with shame from her beautiful face.  Her strength masked a smile to those around her and she had become the ultimate puppet master of her own life.  This in-between moment is what we all seek to find at some point in our lives.  

The in-between moment involves a man or a woman to walk their own path, to climb each stair and climb over mountains to reach an independence that is so exhilarating, that the moment of being whole drives a desire to keep climbing.  But when do we know when to stop?  I don’t know if there is an alarm that will go off, but I can say, that questioning your staircase isn’t the answer.  Keep climbing.  Each stair will get smaller, and eventually, I know we will all reach the top.  And at the top, with arms open wide, we can inhale the happiness of life and love.  Once you reach that point my loves.  Take one step down.  The one you have been waiting for will be waiting for you.  Ultimately, what lies behind us and what lies before are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.


No comments:

Post a Comment